How was your New Years Eve?? Did you have a rager? attempt to catch a cab into the city and realise the traffic is immense and you’ve no chance of getting in before 11pm or home before 5am? Did you queue for an hour to get into a club that’s so loud and busy you can’t even hear your friends? Or did you do the unthinkable and pay $100 for a ticket to a ‘club party’ which includes 1 cocktail and non-existent canapes?
Or did you make like the cool kids and have some friends around for a barbie and then walk to the local for a midnight toast, give your husband a big kiss to ring in the new year and end up in bed by 12:30? Well thats what i did and it was marvellous! Someone even lit illegal fireworks at the park across the road and we had sparklers (sparklers are the best aren’t they?)
Now for the important stuff, R.E.S.O.L.U.T.I.O.N.S. I know, I know, we all have the best of intentions on January 1st “This year will be my best year yet, I’ll get skinny, stop smoking/drinking/insert vice here, be more carefree, follow a schedule” etc. We’ve heard it all before and yet we’re all still making them, Including me… This year I’m going for a manageable 5, there will be no Happiness Project style charts and reviews just a few simple things i know i can actually achieve and will make 2014 better than 2013.
1. Remind myself of this every day:
“For where your treasure is, your heart will be also” Matthew 6:21
2. Sort out my health issues, not in a miracle cure kind of way but in an attend-every-appointment-and-get-my-blood-tests kind of way.
3. Write more, I used to love writing and was always scribbling something. I hardly do it anymore. Whether it’s nonsense on this blog, post cards or fan fiction I’m planning on putting pen to paper in 2014
4. Reply to all text messages and phone calls within a timely manner, seems obvious but is actually something i struggle with.
5. Be Brave! The most ambitious of them all. I’m going to do things that make me nervous, like join a connect group and talk to people in my classes. eeeeep!
Now for my commitment to you dear bloggy, Nothing too grand but a commitment to three posts a week minimum delivered on a Wednesday, Friday and Sunday.
I’d love to hear some of your resolutions, have you gone for the list of 100 simple things or made one solemn promise? Link your post in the comments and I’ll definitely have a gander!